We prepare multidisciplinary thinkers who can work across disciplines collaboratively in ways that converge disciplines and create new solutions. By combining our expertise in teaching and research with our commitment to real-world learning, the College plays a key role in UC Davis’s commitment to providing access and opportunity to a diverse array of students who seek to make the world a better place.
About Our Students
- 38% of our students are underrepresented minorities
- 42% of our undergraduates are the first in their families to attend college
- 71% of incoming international students apply to major in our college
- 43% of undergraduates in the University Honors Program are L&S majors
- 30% of chemistry majors participate in undergraduate research
Students majoring in one of the 55 majors offered by the College of Letters and Science have so many opportunities to pursue their passions and prepare for a future of endless possibilities. Here we share just a few stories about the incredible students who are determined to make a better world, and the faculty and staff who help them succeed.