The Ambassadors of Letters and Science (ALAS) program welcomes applications from enthusiastic and committed students. The process to become a member of the Ambassadors of Letters and Science (ALAS) program is competitive, and includes an application and interview. New members are selected each spring to join ALAS for the upcoming academic year.
- Have a major in the College of Letters and Science.
- Will have completed at least three quarters of undergraduate enrollment before the upcoming Fall quarter.
- Plan to be enrolled in the College of Letters and Science for the following Fall, Winter and Spring quarters.
- Have and maintain at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Must be enthusiastic, personable, and possess good communication skills.
Ambassadors are expected to do the following:
- Attend a weekly meeting and participate in outreach events (amounts to about 20 hours per quarter)
- Commit to at least three quarters of service (full academic year).
- Participate in a mandatory annual training session (or more often, as needed).
- Be knowledgeable about the College and campus.
- Ambassadors should exemplify the following characteristics:
- Polite, courteous, respectful, and supportive.
- Maintain a positive attitude.
- Be involved.
- Dress and/or present oneself appropriately.
Please click the link below to access and submit the application. Applicants who have met the minimum requirements and deemed eligible, will be invited to interview with the Ambassador Leadership Team and program coordinator. The application is due by April 30, and interviews will take place in spring quarter.