The Ambassadors of Letters and Science (ALAS) program welcomes applications from enthusiastic and committed students. The process to become a member of the Ambassadors of Letters and Science (ALAS) program is competitive, and includes an application and interview. New members are selected each spring to join ALAS for the upcoming academic year.
- Have a major in the College of Letters and Science.
- Will have completed at least three quarters of undergraduate enrollment before the upcoming Fall quarter.
- Plan to be enrolled in the College of Letters and Science for the following Fall, Winter and Spring quarters.
- Have and maintain at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Must be enthusiastic, personable, and possess good communication skills.
Ambassadors are expected to do the following:
- Attend a weekly meeting and participate in outreach events (amounts to about 20 to 30 hours per quarter)
- Commit to at least three quarters of service (full academic year).
- Participate in a mandatory annual training session (or more often, as needed).
- Be knowledgeable about the College and campus.
- Ambassadors should exemplify the following characteristics:
- Polite, courteous, respectful, and supportive.
- Maintain a positive attitude.
- Be involved.
- Dress and/or present oneself appropriately.
The application to be an Ambassador of Letters and Science is now closed for 2020–2021. The application for 2021–2022 will open in winter quarter 2021. If you have questions about being an ambassador, please contact us.