The Ambassadors of Letters and Science (ALAS) program welcomes applications from enthusiastic and committed students. The process to become a member of the Ambassadors of Letters and Science (ALAS) program is competitive, and includes an application and interview. New members are selected each spring to join ALAS for the upcoming academic year.
- Have a major in the College of Letters and Science.
- Will have completed at least three quarters of undergraduate enrollment before the upcoming Fall quarter.
- Plan to be enrolled in the College of Letters and Science for the following Fall, Winter and Spring quarters.
- Have and maintain at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Must be enthusiastic, personable, and possess good communication skills.
Ambassadors are expected to do the following:
- Participate in a mandatory annual training session (or more often, as needed).
- Attend a weekly meeting.
- Participate in outreach events.
- Commit to at least three quarters of service (at least the full academic year).
- Be knowledgeable about the College and campus.
- Ambassadors should exemplify the following characteristics:
- Polite, courteous, respectful, and supportive.
- Maintain a positive attitude.
- Be involved.
- Dress and/or present oneself appropriately.