The Ambassadors of Letters and Science (ALAS) program welcomes applications from enthusiastic and committed students. The process to become a member of the Ambassadors of Letters and Science (ALAS) program is competitive, and includes an application and interview. New members are selected each spring to join ALAS for the upcoming academic year.
- Have a major in the College of Letters and Science.
- Will have completed at least three quarters of undergraduate enrollment before the upcoming Fall quarter.
- Plan to be enrolled in the College of Letters and Science for the following Fall, Winter and Spring quarters.
- Have and maintain at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA.
- Must be enthusiastic, personable, and possess good communication skills.
Ambassadors are expected to do the following:
- Attend a weekly meeting and participate in and contribute to various projects (amounts to about 20 to 30 hours per quarter)
- Film and submit short videos about majors and student life
- Write blogs or other publicity
- Actively participate in outreach, recruitment and community building activities
- Commit to at least three quarters of service (full academic year).
- Participate in a mandatory annual training session (or more often, as needed).
- Be knowledgeable about the College and campus.
- Ambassadors should exemplify the following characteristics:
- Polite, courteous, respectful, and supportive.
- Maintain a positive attitude.
- Be involved.
- Dress and/or present oneself appropriately.
- Opportunity to gain critical skills and experience towards success in job interviews and career advancement
- Public relations (public speaking; meeting new people; representing the college)
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Broaden campus contacts and alumni network
- Work with and learn from College leadership, faculty, and administrators
- Confidence and self-awareness through mentorship and motivating peers
- Transcript notation (Internship option)
- College polo shirt, name badge, food and swag
Click here to access the 2021-2022 Ambassadors of Letters and Science application. If you have questions about being an ambassador, please contact us.