We Are Here to Help!
Throughout your entire academic career at UC Davis you will be meeting with your International Academic Advisors. Whether you are a new freshman, transfer student or continuing international student, we are here to help you graduate and attain any goals beyond your degree.
International Academic Advisors
- Letia Graening, Assistant Director of International Academic Advising
- Katherine (Kate) Bozdech, International Academic Advisor
- John Clift, International Academic Advisor
- Holly Hatfield Rogai, International Academic Advisor
- Sarah Mooney, International Academic Advisor
Your International Academic Advisors Can Assist You With:
- Degree and General Education requirements
- Course planning for your first year
- How to Change Majors
- Academic policies, regulations and petitions
- Options if you are having academic difficulty
- Advising holds that prevent course registration
- How the University grading system works and American classroom expectations
- Transfer credit for Out-of-State courses, IB credit, A-level exams, etc.
- Resources on campus and any questions about academics at UC Davis
Mandatory Advising Requirement - Fall 2018
International Transfer students in the College of Letters and Science are required to meet with their major advisor to create an academic plan and an International Academic Advisor in the Undergraduate Education and Advising Office during their first Fall quarter. You will receive an email information from your assigned academic advisor with the complete steps for fulfilling mandatory advising in Fall.
International students starting as high school admits to the College of Letters and Science are required to complete the Mandatory Advising Module during their first quarter. You will receive an email invitation from Lsinternational@ucdavis.edu to complete the online module.
Email Lsinternational@ucdavis.edu with your questions for a response to short and easy questions.
Your First Quarter
Information for Incoming Students
We are eager to help you get started with your first quarter at UC Davis. Please review the resources below to help you learn about requirements, select courses, and find resources -
Academic Advising Appointments
We are available for individual appointments and drop-in advising appointments throughout the entire year. Appointments can be scheduled online: https://appointments.ucdavis.edu. (If you are a new student and fall quarter has not started you will need to call our office to schedule an appointment: 530-752-0392). Drop-in appointments are available daily on a first-come, first-serve basis. Daily hours and our location can be found on our Degree Requirements page.
For additional information and resources, please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions by International Students page.
Did you participate in our International and National Orientation (INO) or Transfer Orientation? Find our presentation here: