Dean's Honors List
According to UC Davis campus regulations, the quarterly Dean's Honors List includes names of students who have completed, for a letter grade, a minimum of 12 units in a specific quarter with a grade point average equal to or higher than the minimum grade point average attained by the upper 16% of those registered in the same class level and college during that quarter. The grade point average required is calculated at the end of every quarter. Students on the Dean's Honor List for the College of Letters and Science can download a copy of their Honors Letter from the Online Advising Student Information System (OASIS).
Honors at Graduation
Honors at graduation is awarded to students who have a UC grade point average in the top percent of their college. Below is a table of the minimum UC GPA a student must have to receive honors in the College of Letters and Science based on the number of UC units completed at graduation.
Graduation with Honors - Grade Point CalculationsEffective Spring 2023 through Winter 2024
|UC Units Completed
|45 - 89
|90 - 134
Graduation with High or Highest Honors
To qualify for high or highest honors a student must complete an honors program through their College of Letters and Science major. Participation in the honors program does not guarantee that a student will be awarded high or highest honors at graduation. A student will need to consult with their major advisor for information regarding the specific requirements for the honors program.
- Can a student complete an honors program through a major and still not earn honors at graduation?
- It is possible to complete an honors program through your major and not earn honors at graduate due to not meeting the grade point average needed.
- How is the grade point average for honors determined?
- Grade point averages from the winter quarter prior to graduation are used to determine the averages that will earn an honors designation. This information can be found in the UC Davis General Catalog.
- When will a student know if they received honors (high or highest)?
- Final honors calculations are performed after all final grades are received and a review of the student's academic record is completed.
- Will honors be listed on my transcript?
- An honors notation is made on students' diplomas and on their permanent records in the Office of the University Registrar.
- Is there a University Honors Program that I can participate in?
- The University Honors Program (UHP) is an invitation-only 4-year program which involves enrolling in specific Honors classes, completing honors projects, and eventually completing an honors capstone. For more information on UHP, visit their About Us page. Visit the Admissions page for more information about how and when you may be invited.