Schedule Your Appointment
Login to the Online Advising Appointment System
You will need your UC Davis Login ID and Kerberos Passphrase to access the system. Once you have logged into the appointment system, select "College of Letters & Science Dean's Office", enter your information and select "Aggie Advising (new student)" under "Special Situations".
Choose a Date and Time
Once you have confirmed your information, you will be shown a calendar with available appointments. Aggie Advising will be available from May 18 to July 10. Choose the day and time that works for you. *Note: You may need to click forward to additional weeks for open appointments depending on demand.
Check Your UC Davis Email and Set a Reminder
A confirmation email will be sent to your UC Davis email account. It will have instructions and a Zoom link to log in for your appointment. If you are using a computer, you will be prompted to download the Zoom app when you click the link. If you are using a mobile device, please download the Zoom app prior to your appointment. You will also have an option to call in if you are unable to connect via another device. We suggest you check your internet or data connection so your appointment runs smoothly.
Lastly, please be sure to set a reminder for yourself. We don't want you to miss this important opportunity to ask questions and connect with your advisor.
Prepare for Your Appointment
We want to make sure you get all the information you need to register for fall classes with confidence. To do that, your advisor will need you to come prepared with specific information and questions. The following tips will help you get ready.
- Read the First-Quarter Guide
- Read our comprehensive guide to planning your first quarter. Learn how to select courses, balance your schedule, and start satisfying the requirements you’ll need to graduate. You’ll also find resources and tips to help you navigate the university, explore your interests, and ensure your first quarter is a success. Check out the First-Quarter Guide for Incoming Freshmen.
- Complete an Aggie Advising Checklist
- Use this checklist along with the first-quarter guide to gather important information about your degree requirements, placement exam results, and AP/IB exam scores. Have the checklist ready when you meet and your advisor can review it with you. Not sure about a requirement, or still waiting for results? That's okay, your advisor can help you with that too!
- Review Your First-Quarter Major Recommendations
- There are 55 majors in the College of Letters & Science and each has their own unique requirements. Review the specific courses recommended by your major so you can build a solid first-quarter schedule. Find your major.
Are you undeclared or considering other majors? Check out our resources for undeclared and exploring students here.
- Fill out the Aggie Advising Prep Questionnaire
- This questionnaire is your first opportunity to communicate with your advisor. It will help them learn a bit about you and the topics you're most interested in discussing during your appointment.
You can find the questionnaire in the OASIS student portal and it should take no more than 5-10 minutes to complete.
- Get to Know Your Advisor
- Curious to know more about your advisor? Learn more about our advising team.
After your appointment you'll want to begin preparing for registration and beyond.
- Login to Schedule Builder to check your Pass time and search for the courses your advisor has recommended.
- Check your UC Davis email for important announcements and reminders.
- Register for Aggie Orientation.
- Complete the "Life as an Aggie" activity. See how current and former students describe their experiences of coming to college. Then, reflect on your own thoughts and feelings about coming to UC Davis.